Showroom and smart gas route
About: discover the latest developments in smart gas grids, with over 50 projects presented in the Smile showroom, visit LIGER, a smart territory project based on biogas, and discover the new West Grid Synergy Bidirectional technology, allowing a better integration of ENRs thanks to the digitisation of gas networks
Location: Rennes, Brittany
Smile, the French showcase for smart grids, invites you to visit Brittany to discover the latest developments in smart gas grids, thanks to a unique and innovative tour route. The visit will start with the Smile showroom in Rennes, to offer you a global vision of SMILE, with more than 50 approved projects.
You will then visit LIGER in Morbihan, a unique, exemplary and revolutionary renewable energy centre. LIGER is a smart territory project based on biogas, combining methanisation, heating network, grid injection and carbon-free mobility.
Finally, we will go to Pontivy to visit the new West Grid Synergy Bidirectional technology, the first European smart grid project allowing a better integration of ENRs thanks to the digitisation of gas networks.
15th of November
Participants are taken charge of for the whole day - lunch and transport included.
- 8h10: Departure from Paris, Montparnasse TGV station
- Delegation assembly point, in Rennes at the TGV station
- Visit of the smile showroom
- Departure for Locminé (56): presentation during the trip of several smart gas and hydrogen projects
- Arrival in Locminé: presentation of the LIGER project
- Lunch on site
- Departure for Pontivy (56)
- Arrival in Pontivy: presentation of the West Grid Synergy project
- Departure for Rennes: during the trip, BtoB exchanges and with project leaders
- Arrival at Rennes station
- 16h52: return to Paris. Arrival at 18h47
- smart territories
- carbon-free mobility
- heating network
- network injection
- transmission/distribution bidirectional gas network
- renewable energies integration
- gas network digitisation
- The Smile showroom, supported by the Brittany and Pays de la Loire Regions
- The LIGER project in Locminé (56), led by SEM LIGER, with OLMIX as a partner.
- The West Grid Synergy project in Pontivy (56), led by GRTgaz with partners CEA, Morbihan énergies, Brittany Region, Pays de la Loire Region, SYDEV, SIEML, Sciences Po Rennes, College of Societal Transitions, IRD2
Solutions&Co / BDI / SMILE Association