Back to the list of projects
The Town of La Génétouze
locationPlace de la Mairie, 85190 LA GÉNÉTOUZE
• Collaborative self-consumption in rural areas
Autoconsommation & bâtiments intelligents
SMILE's involvement in this project
Strong support for getting your project off the ground
Tangible help with funding
The town of La Génétouze (85) is implementing a project for a collaborative self-consumption solar plant in its shopping hub.
This plant will allow the neighbouring shops to use the solar energy produced locally, thus reducing their energy bills. The estimated solar cover rate is 23% and 90% of the energy produced will be used by the hub’s retailers. Only 10% of the energy produced will be sent to the network.
The energy production is therefore scalable with a capacity to supply new consumers. There is also a plan to install electric vehicle charging stations on the site.
Added value of the project:
- A model which can be replicable to other towns
- The development of digital tools for monitoring energy and finances, specific to collaborative self-consumption
This project has multiple goals:
- Produce and consume an energy that is both renewable and local
- Provide businesses with competitively priced solar energy with stability over time
- Gather feedback on a collaborative self-consumption project in a rural context and with local shops
Start date : June 2018