Back to the list of projects
West Grid Synergy
locationDemonstrators in three test zones (connected by the same gas transportation network): Pontivy (Morbihan), Pouzauges (Vendée) and in Mauges (Maine et Loire).
• Renewable and local gas
• Smart management of the gas network
Flexibilité & réseaux
SMILE's involvement in this project
Tangible help with funding
Actions to increase the visibility of your project
Principal European demonstrator of smart grids for gas, West Grid Synergy is a powerful and ambitious project and a trailblazer in its contribution to the gas activities of SMILE.
The project aims to demonstrate the reality of a territory powered 100% by green gas by adapting infrastructures, management and use of networks.
New gas infrastructures:
- A 43km gas pipeline provides an outlet for biomethane production in Mauges
- The first two “backfeeding” installations in France to send surplus biomethane from the distribution networks to the transport networks.
New solutions combining networks and digital
- Optimisation of “backfeeding” systems.
- Dynamic regulation of the delivery pressure at the interface between the transport network and the downstream distribution network which receives biomethane supply.
- Indicator to promote the production of renewable gasses in the territories.
- Predictive maintenance.
Added value of the project :
- Maximise the integration of renewable gasses at the lowest costs.
- Develop new uses for renewable and local gas.
Start date :
- June 2017: launch of demonstrators.
- 2019: start up and deployment of other installations.