location2 Boulevard Léon Bureau, 44200 NANTES
• Public lighting
SMILE's involvement in this project
Smart Lighting, is a 100% smart public lighting project deployed in the Machines area of the Île de Nantes .
The project began as part of the “MySmartLife” H2020 project in collaboration with the city of Nantes and the ENGIE competition.
Smart lighting is capable of remotely capturing data linked to each piece of lighting equipment in the area or of controlling this equipment from the local hub in charge of operating the district’s public lighting.
The teleprocessing system is accompanied by the installation of Led lamps and motion detection sensors. These new installations talk to each other via the Lora communication network (communication protocol for the transmission of data in low speed and with low energy consumption, through connected objects) which was deployed in the zone.
- Reduce CO2 emissions
- Limit light and noise pollution.
- Reduce the electricity consumption of public lighting and optimise lighting maintenance
- Implement a process capable of adapting to urban changes through motion detection and supervision.
Added value of the project:
- Evolving lighting to adapt to the movement of users.
- Easy maintenance, optimisation of maintenance times, reduction in night-time maintenance call outs.
- Possibility to adapt smart lighting remotely and in real time.
Launch date: implemented in September 2018, tested until at least November 2021.
This project received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation project,
in virtue of funding agreement n° 731297.